Since the early beginnings of the show, GAX has been proactive about creating and implementing policies that ensure a safe and fun environment for attendees, speakers, exhibitors, and Enforcers alike. Many of you have seen the condensed “Six Rules of GAX” circulated each and every show, but this page is dedicated to explaining each of them in their intent and use as well as our other safety and security policies, including our Booth Babe Policy, our Weapons Check policy, and our policies specific to the Safety.
If at any point you feel unsafe at GAX or that any of the rules have been broken, we ask that you inform an Enforcer or member of GAX staff immediately. Your safety is our primary concern, and if you feel that safety has been compromised, we will do everything in our power to rectify the issue. Issues of violence and harassment are addressed immediately, with guarded “Safe Areas” being designated in case any incidents do arise.
If you feel any concerns about your safety prior to the show, please email us at email@example.com.
The Six Rules of GAX
- Drugs are bad
- Policy Overview
- Illegal substances will not be tolerated at GAX. If you are caught buying, using or dealing illegal drugs while at the show, remediation steps will be taken. If you are under the influence of legal drugs and are in any way interfering with other attendees and their ability to enjoy GAX, we reserve the right to escort you from the premises with potentially even more severe remediation consequences.
- Illegal substances or illegal drugs: Any drug which is not legally obtained as defined by local laws. Any prescribed medication that has not been legally obtained; any prescribed medication not being used in its intended dosage or for its intended purpose; any over-the-counter medication being used at a dosage level other than the recommended manufacturer levels.
- Any violation of said rule with illegal substances while on GAX premises will have one or more of the following steps taken: Onsite security and police will be notified in accordance with all state laws and governing procedures, violators will be removed from the premises.
- Anyone found consuming alcohol outside of regulated areas will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
- Anyone whose alcohol consumption is found to be negatively impacting the enjoyment of the show of others will be asked to leave the premises immediately with the possibility of badge removal and a ban from future events.
- Any and all information relating to drug or alcohol abuse or the identification of persons as users of drugs and alcohol will be treated by GAX as confidential unless otherwise required by law, overriding public health and safety concerns, or authorized by the parties in question.
- Don’t steal
- Policy Overview
- Theft will not be tolerated at GAX. If you are caught stealing directly from another individual or taking items from any private or public areas of GAX that are not expressly indicated to be free, remediation steps will be taken.
- Theft: Any crime in which a person intentionally or fraudulently takes personal property of another entity without permission or consent and with the intent to convert it to the taker’s use, including potential sale.
- Property: Includes any money or items owned by an entity. Property shall be regarded as belonging to any person or entity having in it any proprietary right or interest.
- All instances of theft while on GAX premises will result in one or more of the following: Onsite security and police will be contacted with the intent of prosecution in accordance with all state laws and governing procedures.
- Don’t punch or kick people
- Policy Overview
- Violence will not be tolerated at GAX. GAX adheres to the firm conviction that every person is entitled to an expectation of health and safety will take action to make that expectation a reality. Violating that expectation of safety through violence or threats of violence perpetrated against another person is explicitly prohibited and will result in removal and remediation.
- Violence: Any act of aggression, physical assault or threatening behavior that occurs against a person or property within GAX.
- Incidents of violence are documented using our harassment incident reporting form, completed by Enforcers or GAX staff, whichever the complainant is comfortable with. Although a form will be filled out for all incidents, it is optional (albeit encouraged) for the complainant to go on record with their report.
- Anyone who engages in violent behavior will be removed from GAX premises immediately. Onsite security and police will be notified in accordance with all state laws and governing procedures.
- Any and all information relating to the victims of violence will be treated by GAX as confidential unless otherwise required by law, overriding public health and safety concerns, or authorized by the parties in question.
- No cheating
- Policy Overview
- Cheating will not be tolerated at GAX. Everyone is expected to abide by all rules and regulations when gaming or competing with each other.
- Cheating: Deliberate dishonesty or fraudulent actions intended to provide an unfair advantage in a competitive setting.
- Anyone caught cheating will be immediately disqualified from all competitive events at the show. Severe and repeated cases will result in one or more of the following: Revoking of badge, ban on future shows.
- Don’t harass anyone
- Policy Overview
- Any form of harassment, whether that’s based on gender identity/expression, race, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, or religion, will not be tolerated at GAX. If you are caught or reported to have harassed anyone at GAX, you will go through our reporting process and face remediation steps.
- Harassment: Verbal, physical, psychological, or sexual abuse.
- Sexual Harassment: The following actions are considered inappropriate and may be considered sexual harassment.
- Teasing, jokes, innuendo, photos/images, gestures of a sexual/unwanted nature.
- Touching or grabbing of a sexual nature.
- Repeatedly standing too close to or brushing up against a person.
- Giving gifts of a sexual/unwanted nature
- Physical Harassment: Physical contact in an unwanted way toward another individual. (Also see Rule 3)
- Psychological Harassment: Unwarranted hostile behavior, threats, or intimidation made toward another individual.
- Harassment incidents are documented using our harassment incident reporting form, completed by either Enforcer Security Team members or PA staff, whichever the complainant is comfortable with. Although a form will be filled out for all incidents, it is optional (albeit encouraged) for the complainant to go on record with their report.
- Anyone who engages in harassment will be removed from GAX premises immediately. Onsite security and police will be notified in accordance with all state laws and governing procedures.
- Any and all information relating to the victims of harassment will be treated by GAX as confidential unless otherwise required by law, overriding public health and safety concerns, or authorized by the parties in question.
- Don’t mess with things that aren’t yours
- Policy Overview
- It is understood that all attendees will be able to operate in a state of comfort and privacy without intrusion or disturbance, and that their personal belongings will not be altered or disturbed. If anyone’s belongings are found to have been disturbed or restricted, remediation will take place.
- Privacy: A state of being free from intrusion and disturbance in one’s personal state of affairs as well as physical presence.
- Personal Belongings: Includes any items owned by an entity.
- Anyone who engages in behavior or that violates the privacy intentions as stated above will be reprimanded on the severity of the claim as reported to PGX show management.
The Reporting Procedure for all six rules is the same. Find an Enforcer and make them aware of the situation. They are instructed to immediately escalate the issue to show security and show management.
“Booth Babe” Policies
GAX has a strict ‘no booth babe’ policy with the purpose of creating an environment where everyone can feel comfortable and welcome, and the focus is on games, not hired booth staff.
Booth babes are defined as staff of ANY gender used by exhibitors to promote their products at GAX by using overtly sexual or suggestive methods. Partial nudity, the aggressive display of cleavage and the navel, and shorts/skirts higher than 4” above the knee are not allowed. If for any reason an exhibit and/or its contents are deemed objectionable to GAX management, the exhibitor will be asked to alter the attire of its staff.
Cosplayed characters that are playable in-game are an exception to this rule (within reason), and exhibitors must obtain permission from show management prior to the show.
If for any reason an exhibit and/or its contents are deemed objectionable to PAX management, the exhibitor will be asked to alter the attire of its staff or remove those staff from the show.
Cosplaying attendees may be asked to alter or modify their costume if it is considered overtly sexual.
For safety reasons, the following are not allowed to be used specifically inside the expo hall:
- Remote controlled vehicles
- Rollerskates, rollerblades, and other forms of recreational wheeled transport
Given the crowd density, situations that require mass egress would be restricted by these devices.
Stopping in expo venue aisles for cosplay photos is not permitted.
Weapons Check Policies
All prop weapons brought to the show MUST be approved at the Info Booth as soon as you arrive. We will be looking for the following criteria:
- It cannot fire any sort of projectile. (Nerf guns are only allowed if they have been deactivated and cannot fire.)
- It cannot be an airsoft weapon. (Yes, even if it’s deactivated.)
- It cannot be sharp or pointy enough to cut or pierce someone with moderate pressure. This includes all real swords, daggers and knives. It also includes ceramic blades, needles, syringes and anything that can pierce (for example, a Little Sister syringe made of wood would not be allowed)
Upon approval, your weapon and badge will be tagged and cataloged.